The Asbestos Related Disease Support Society Qld Inc. (ARDSSQ) is a non-profit organization that offers support and provides awareness on identifying what is asbestos and its related disease (i.e. mesothelioma and asbestosis). Service mainly Queensland areas but not limited to. Compared to other asbestos related sites, ARDSSQ offers a one-stop shop venue which includes medical and legal advice.
Support Services ARDSSQ can assist you, your family, carer and friends with:
1. Information about asbestos and asbestos-related diseases.
2. Finding support in your area.
3. Help in getting the latest medical information and advice.
4. Ensuring that you have the best legal advice - you may be eligible for compensation, a pension or both.
5. Occupational therapy services and assessments.
6. Advice if you are worried about asbestos in your home or at work.
7. Information on where to obtain the correct guidance about safety procedures including personal protective masks, respirators and asbestos removal, etc.
8. Understanding the grief process. They can also assist you with travel and accommodation for those living in rural areas of Queensland who are diagnosed with or undergoing investigation for an asbestos related disease and may need to travel to Brisbane to receive treatment.
This can be arranged by calling us on 1800 776 412.